Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dear You VIII

It looks like that for the first time in years I came to know what “A writer’s block” is all about. I haven’t been able to write anything for a few days now, but I can’t really say that it bothers me. The thing is that I’ve probably “burned” myself up. What do I mean by that? Well, for the past eleven months I’ve been writing and rewriting almost non-stop, producing: a novel and a half, two novellas and two short story collections. All in all I’ve written well over two hundred thousand words, which in my mind’s eye is quite astonishing.
So, since I cannot write, what do I do? Nothing much really. I read a lot (I’ve read Michael Connelly’s “Echo Park” in just one day and started with “Blood Work”), I try to enjoy a bit of free reign walking around and drinking a bit, I “play” at my facebook and try to create a decent page at Red Room, and, of course, I go through the English translations of my stories yet again.
As you can see nothing exciting goes on in my life right now, and somehow I like things just the way they are.
Probably my “writer’s block” will not leave me by the time I go back to Cyprus, but hopefully I will be able to finish the book I’m working on by the end of June.
Anyway, that is all for now.
Keep reading and drinking!

No comments: