Wednesday, August 5, 2009

5th of August 2009

Dear You,
Here I am in Chiang Mai, Thailand, once again. And this time I will stay for long; maybe for over a year. Nothing much has changed since the last time I was here. I mean the price of beer has gone up but apart from that everything seems to remain the same. New bars and restaurants seem to open and close all the time, the weather is cloudy 24/7, and the heavy monsoon rains are at our doorstep.
What do I intend to do this time around? Well, what I usually do; read and write a lot. But now, that the time is not pressing, I will also try and do a couple of new things; some volunteer work maybe, a bit of teaching, some different kind of socializing. I have many ideas running through my head but I’m in no hurry to make things happen. I’ll just leave time and life follow their own course – do it the Buddhist way – and whatever will be will be.

Cheers from the land of smiles,

Lakis

No comments: