Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dear You

I’ve been here in Chiang Mai for more than two months already and time just seems to have flown by. I’m glad however that I do have a lot of it to spend; more than ever before. And, truth be told, I do spend it in a constructive way: reading and writing a lot, and making plans for the future, or rather paving the way for it. I’ve already written a short story collection and I’m now half way through the re-writing of my first novel. In fact I’m so much into writing “mode” right now that I just had to Make myself take a break. Anyway, if everything goes fine I hope to finish it by the end of the month and then start working on a new one; my first crime novel. I’ve been thinking about it for quite some time, but I guess up till now I’ve never felt ready to dive into the deep waters of crime fiction. Time can only tell if I can make it.
Apart from the above, life seems to be as simple as ever; taking a few walks, having a few drinks, meeting with friends etc. Nothing to get really upset or excited about I guess. I just wish that it rained more though. Unless I’m mistaken this is the most dry rainy season of the past decades. Let’s just hope that things will get better as it draws to its end.
And I guess that just about wraps it up for today.
Cheers.

p.s. I’m now reading two completely different books at the same time: “The Buddha Tree” by Fumio Niwa and “An Unkindness of Ravens” by Ruth Rendell.

No comments: