Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The 2013 IMPAC Longlist


The International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award has unveiled its longlist that includes 154 novels published in English in 2011. I guess the picture above gives you an idea for whose book I'd voting for if I had the chance. But since I don't I've decided to give you the links to the reviews I've written about some of the books that are on the list. Click on the titles to read them.

Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin. Buy here.
The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi-Adler Olsen. Buy here.
On Canaan's Side by Sebastian Barry. Buy here. My second favorite of last year but just as good as the first.
Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman. Buy here.
The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht. Buy here. A good book but a badly written review, I have to admit.

Books that I have read but did not have the time to review in English. If you speak Greek you can look them up at my other blog: http://lakisf3.blogspot.com
 
The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes.
Anatomy of a Disappearance by Hisham Matar.
Snowdrops by A.D. Miller.
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.
The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje.

If you want to see the full list click here.

No comments: