Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dear You

I spend most of my time reading these days, and that’s only because I’ve just finished with the writing of a couple of novellas. The only thing that remains to be seen is whether they’ll be published anywhere in the near future.
Anyway, I’ve been reading a lot of Japanese literature for the past couple of weeks and there’s more to follow. Kenzaburo Oe, Yasunari Kawabata and Junichiro Tanizaki are the writers who filled my days up to now. I will “meet” a lot of new writers in the coming days (just as soon as I get my new books from Amazon).
Why do I read Japanese literature? Well, the truth is I’ve just started working on an idea of a novel whose main character is going to be a Japanese man. The story will be taking place in a city that I know too well, Chiang Mai in Thailand. I’ll write more when the time comes.
However, apart from the above I also found time to read The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien, while right now I’m just beginning The Simple Truth by David Baldacci. Oh well, books seem to be all that I can get life to offer me at this time of the year.
As one could expect nothing exciting happens nowadays, but that’s ok. Taking life easy and in serenity is what I do. But, maybe that will change when I move to some other place in the autumn. I just don’t know where yet.
And that wraps it up for now. Do enjoy the rest of the summer and keep on reading.

The Bookworm

No comments: