Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting by the bed...

...to be read are a lot of books. One of them is the latest by the great David Baldacci Hell's Corner. Baldacci is the only thriller writer who hasn't let me down so far, so I really look forward to reading this. Next on the pile is Edge: A Novel by Jeffery Deaver, yet another on of my favorite crime fiction writers. Sitting at the side is Minette Walter's The Breaker but also Crossfire by japanese writer Miyuki Miyabe. After that I will accept the invitation by Anne Rice to visit the Blackwood Farm (The Vampire Chronicles) before travelling to the Far East yet again to read a few Japanese Tales of Mystery & Imagination (Tuttle Classics) delivered by Mr Edogawa Rampo. 2666: A Novel by Roberto BolaƱo is the epic modern masterpiece that will follow. And then it will be Nelson Mandela month. Three books are waiting to grab my attention: Conversations with Myself, Long Walk to Freedom-the Autobiography of Nelson Mandela: Mcdougal Littell Literature Connections (HRW Library) and Mandela: The Authorised Biography. Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall: A Novel is one of the books that I didn't have the time to read last year and so it should come next, along with the poetic Possession by A.S. Byatt. I also intend to travel to Japan once more with Ryu Murakami and his Almost Transparent Bluenovel and last but not least I will take a dive into the fantasy world with Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book.

No comments: