Friday, June 6, 2008

Dear You 9

Yesterday, after 25 or so odd years, I went through the ultimate nightmare; I’ve visited the dentist. Now, don’t you laugh at me, this is serious business I’m talking about. When the poor man saw my mouth he must have felt like he was staring into a pocketful of money. He said – as if I didn’t know – that I have serious problems. I need fillings, extractions, caps; you name it. Well, I let him down by telling him that I only needed my front broken tooth to be fixed and nothing else. He looked really disappointed but he did his best not to show it. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I feel… brave, for even making it to the dentist’s!
However my teeth are not the only health problem I have to face since yesterday I’ve also welcomed flue into my life. Thank god I have with me Cyprus Moonshine or Zivania, as it is widely known, which can cure just about any illness there is (from body injuries to… mental problems), while with it you can also clean your computer screen or if you are a Buddhist appease the spirits (by getting them drunk).
Well, with this and that going on my days are becoming more boring than ever. I can’t write and I’m not too much in a mood to read either, so I’m still cruising through Michael Connelly’s “Blood Work”. Yes, I know, things could be worst, so there’s no need to complain.
As for this blog I’ve uploaded a couple of lists with my favorite authors, poets and movies, which will probably get updated regularly, as more names and titles pop up into my head all the time.
Ok, that’s all for now. I hope and wish things will be better (for me) by the next time I write to you.
Take care and read well.

No comments: