Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Literature prizes shortlists announced in the UK

A couple of shortlists for literature prizes have been announced in the UK. The short-listed authors for the Orange Prize are:

Emma Donoghue for the Room
Aminatta Forma for The Memory of Love
Emma Henderson for Grace Williams Says it Loud
Nicole Krauss for Great House
Tea Obrecht for The Tiger's Wife, and
Kathleen Winter for Annabel

The short-listed authors for the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize are:

Jenny Erpenbeck for The Visitation
Marcelo Figueras for Kamchatka
Orhan Pamuk for The Museum of Innocence
Per Petterson for I Curse the River of Time
Santiago Roncagliolo for Red April, and
Alberto Barrera Tyszka for The Sickness

From the titles mentioned above I've already read the brilliant Red April, while I've just started reading the Room. I've also read a couple of old books by Orhan Pamuk and I think he's one of the best modern-day storytellers.

No comments: